Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Mauritania, the sunshine state.


Well, finally the time came. After waiting for 5 long but awesome months, I find myself in the sand dunes of Mauritania. There is so much say, to describe, to do, to show; so thats why I finally decided to open my blog account and share with you my life as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Mauritania working as a Girls Education and Empowerment Agent.

Its been one month since I got to Mauritania with other 75 PCVs. Its a very diverse, nice and prepared group which makes this experience way cooler. After living inside the PC center at Rosso for a week, I was sent to a small village at called Mbalal with other 3 volunteers and an awesome facilitator called Rajel to learn to speak Arabic Hassaniya. I'm living with a nice and BIG family that has graciously opened their doors to me. (picture: Habib and Mineya are my siblings.)

So far is has been a great Peace Corps experience, but don't get me wrong, of course I miss home, family and friends. I know that the road laying ahead of me is going to be tough, sometimes lonely and difficult but this is what I signed in for, and with the help of God, Ill continue to have an awesome time and impact the lives of other people. Inshallah

3 comments:

nathan said...

no ps ke chido pablo no cabe duda ke has avanzado mucho desde ke eras ese pekeno renaquajillo. se t extrana y ke te vaya bn.
DO WORK SON!!!

NATE

Alex... said...

Jajaja el Nathan...
Pues que te diré.. que DTB..
Que Padre que tienes esta oportunidad aprovechala, disfruta aprende y a darte cuenta que de lo poco que tienes es lo que muchos no tienen...
cuídate...
Oye consigueme un shegagh!!!
eso es una "bufanda" de desierto...
ya lo descubriras luego...
jejeje
y en spanglish men.. escribe en spanglish jajaja ntc...

mama said...

Да вот тока интересно как вы мое будете читать .. хахаха ну что прочитали...
так что давайте на англиском шпрехать а то ведь я так на русском и буду писать ;о)

mmmm this sounds really nice...
i would've loved to listen to all that weird and strange music..
i bet it sounds really nice...
by the way the weather..
does it bother you???